[cvsnt] Re: How do I commit again after using cvs update -r pre-bookmark?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Oct 30 00:26:45 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> So now what do I do? In the sandbox that compiles, can I create a new branch
> and add the bookmark feature again?
>

> Whenever I have used the cvs update -r command, it will never let me commit
> unless I do cvs update -A first to get the latest changes. I don't want the
> latest changes. What can I do?

What I'd do is create a branch.

cvs update -r pre_bookmark
cvs tag -b pre_bookmark_branch
cvs update -r pre_bookmark_branch

Then work on the pre_bookmark_branch manually putting things back until
it breaks again or all works.

Once it's all sorted...

cvs update -A
cvs update -j HEAD -j pre_bookmark_branch
cvs commit

...and back to normal development (losing any changes before the merge,
btw.  but since HEAD is busted anyway I can't see that being an issue).

(Not sure I got the -j the right way around... one way will work, though
:)).