[cvsnt] Re: Starting out with CVS,

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Oct 31 02:52:51 GMT 2004

WestSide wrote:
> How can I get rid of that green overlay and sort of start over... I have a
> bit of a mess on my side, and want to start fresh.. everytime I try to copy
> my files to the new directory.. it still keeps the green overlay....

The green overlay is telling you that this is a sandbox.  If you choose
CVS > Update, then it'll get the latest version from the repository.  If
you've changed some files locally, you can do a CVS > Update Special and
tell it you want a "clean copy" to remove your local changes.

If you really want to start fresh, then delete the sandbox or use the
CVS > Release command (NOT "remove", that tells CVS to delete it from
the repository).

--
Glen Starrett