[cvsnt] Re: Global option -F works

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 2 14:11:16 BST 2004

Jerzy Kaczorowski wrote:

> I would really aprreciate if -F options allowed to append full command
> line - current implementation would require the cvsgui protocol to undestand
> where the actual cvs command begins so it would insert the -F and the file
> name in the right place.

You can't do that really... once the option parsing is started you can't
add new options in the middle of it and expect it to work... it would
require parsing the whole thing over again.

The -F can go anywhere, so you don't have to do any parsing - It's only
designed for filename arguments, to get around the stupid limits that
Win32 has.