[cvsnt] Strange locking issue when updating file

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 21:30:42 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm using cvsnt server 2.0.51d in a freebsd box.
The client is WinCVS with 2.0.41a in a WinXP box.

Me and other developers are experiencing a locking problem in a specific
file.

When running 'cvs -q update -P myfile.txt' everything works fine and the
file gets updated.

But, when running 'cvs -q update -p -r 1.15 myfile.txt' the client hangs and
I need to manually kill the corresponding server process.

Everytime we execute the second command our client hangs and I need to
manually kill the corresponding server process (we tried several times, from
different working copies and client machines).

Does anyone have a clue about what can be made to fix that?

Thanks in Advance

Daniel