[cvsnt] Antivirus survey

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 8 15:42:37 BST 2004

Warren, Erik wrote:
> Oliver Giesen wrote

> We have Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition v7.60.926
> on our NT4.0 workstations which we use for our server
> and our clients.  To my knowledge, we have not experienced
> any AV related problems from this setup.  The NAV is
> controlled via the network and we have no control over it
> within our office so we have never done any special
> configuring of NAV.

I'm surprised this works.  The NAV 'realtime scanning' option causes
lots of problems with programs like CVSNT.  Even having it enabled
halves the speed of the server, and you get random locking issues.  I
won't even enable this AV on clients because of the way it slows them
down too much - it slows down Visual Studio to a crawl.