[cvsnt] Re: SSPI across domain boundaries setup description?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Sep 10 08:35:34 BST 2004

I am just back from USA and saw this message.
The only things I do to make the cvs across Internet happen is:
1. Set up my home firewall to forward 2401 to my internal CVS server

2. On my laptop I have modified my hosts file to map my cvsserver name
to the external firewall IP address. This way I can easily change the
IP if it is changed by my ISP without affecting the login.

3. I have set up my cvsroot as :sspi:user at cvsserver:/repository

4. Whilst being logged on to Internet I have done one single cvs login
with the CVSROOT set as above.

5. From now on I can use my cvs server as if I were at home even when
dialed in to the Internet. I use compression and encryption of course.

Hope this helps,

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)