[cvsnt] Question about chacl

Jeffrey Campbell jcampbell at archetype-solutions.com
Tue Sep 14 17:03:50 BST 2004

I'm trying to set permissions for a project using chacl and am unable
because the initial cvs checkout is apparently not work. We have a
large repository with many projects in place, and I've been using cvs
checkout for months now, usually for deployments and tagging; but for
some reason in this instance it is not working. Here's what I'm doing:

     cvs checkout -r HEAD ProjectName
    (This works fine)

     cvs chacl -R chacl cvsadmin:r ProjectName

    (This results in the following message:)
    cvs chacl: in directory .:
    cvs [chacl aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first

I can't even perform a simple listing of permissions using lacl on
that project -- that command returns the same message. Any suggestions
would be much appreciated. Some details:

OS: Windows Server 2003
CVS: CVSNT 2.0.38