[cvsnt] Re: Setting wait timeout when waiting for lock?

Anders Jacob Truelsen at at systematic.dk
Mon Sep 20 11:27:58 BST 2004

> Anders Jacob Truelsen wrote:
> > Hi fellow CVSNT users
> >
> > Can I set the timeout limit when waiting for a lock to be released?
[snip-snip]
> > least wait a full hour before failing.
> >
> Locks only last about a second.  Waiting for an hour would be complete

> overkill... even one that's lasted 10 seconds is suspicious, unless
it's
> a very large file.

In my, far from perfect, world
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.0rc2 (client/server)
locks tend to hang around for quite a while.

It takes some 15 minutes to tag the entire product and for that time, a
lock seems to sit on the root directory.
Would a newer server version give me a smoother locking algorithm?

Regards
anders