[cvsnt] Re: COM/DLL trigger interface

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Sep 24 00:30:24 BST 2004

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso wrote:
> For performance reasons I would like to create a COM/DLL
> trigger to be called by postcommit or postcommand instead
> of a regular .exe file.
>
> Where can I find documentation about it? The only thing I
> could find is the infolib.h file found at CVSNT
> installation directory.

DLL Interface:

DEFAULT @d:/path/to_library.dll

Com Interface:

DEFAULT {551BE51E-9BFA-49a2-AD8C-F59771F2BF34}

The DLL interface is specific to the CVSNT version - it changes
occasionally (the 2.0.56 interface is slightly different to the 2.0.51
interface for example).  It does however also work under Unix (using .so
files).

The COM interface stays the same but has its version incremented - there
are 3 at the moment (ICvsInfo, ICvsInfo2 and ICvsInfo3 which is new for
2.0.56).  If you're coding for win32 it's best to use that as future
versions will still maintain the old interfaces.