[cvsnt] Re: gserver_protocol_mit.dll missing in Windows CVSNT-2.0.56

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Sep 27 22:11:32 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>
>> Almost. If the users and severs are in different realms, the MS
>> kerberos has troubles determining the realm of the server if the
>> server is in a non AD realm.  There is a way around this, as the
>> MS InitializeSecurityContext can take service/host at realm
>> as the service principal name. The trick it to get this
>> passed in.
>

> I'm open to ideas - didn't know about that functionality actually.  I
> could add a realm parameter to gserver.

Attached is a patch to added a realm= parameter to gserver, when
compiled with GSS_AD. If realm=<realm> is added a keyword to
gserver, it will pass in cvs@<host>@<realm> otherwise it
does what it does today, and passes in cvs@<host>

This appears to work as expected in our mixed AD and non AD Kerberos
realm environment.

Please consider for the next release.
This was also submitted as bug 0000099 today.