[cvsnt] Malishkin, Andrei; Kulkarni, Ameet

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Wed Sep 29 19:55:12 BST 2004

Hello,

I think I have discovered one way to crash the server almost instantly. Can
someone try and reproduce on there CVS to validate? Also, where do I
formally log a bug for on this. I send the command "cvs -z3 history -e". I
get within less than 30 seconds of the command a blue screen of death on the
server. The server screen shows:

*** STOP: 0x10000001E (0xC0000005,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The client side will get some of the info from the history command back, but
then just hangs waiting for more info from the server. I have to do a ctrl-c
to get the prompt back. The CVSNT version I'm using is:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51b (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)

I'v done this with both windows and Linux client. The server is on a windows
box. The box has to be powered cycle to bring back. Values of 1,3, and 9 for
the -z command crash it. Value of 0 or no -z command crashes it. If I leave
off either the -z or the -e option it doesn't crash.

Thanks,
Curtis