[cvsnt] Re: cvs -z3 history -e crashes server instantly.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 30 00:20:31 BST 2004

Lehman, Curtis wrote:
> Ops. Wrong subject line and One correction bellow. A value of 0 or no -z
> command Does Not crash it. Values of 1,3, and 9 DO crash the box.

As CVSNT is a userspace program it can't by itself cause a bluescreen...
bluescreens are driver exceptions.  The worst I've seen was when the LSA
helper was stablilising and it could cause the LSA to shut down - it
wouldn't have bluescreeened even then (that particular problem doesn't
affect 2.0.51).

Try running memtest86 on the box to make sure your memory is OK.  Also
stress the various parts of the system eg. the network to make sure
there are no issues there.