[cvsnt] Re: How do I grant access to subdirectory ?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Apr 3 15:43:00 BST 2005

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:32:05 +0800, "liuwei" <liuwei at xbow.com.cn>
wrote:

>do that? Thank very much!Based on cvsnt manual:For a user to have access to
>a directory, they must have at least read access to all the directories
>above it. If a user has a 'no access' ACL on a parent directory they cannot
>be granted access to directories below it.

The passage you refer to is the *file system* permissions and not the
cvs chacl command permissions.
I don't belive it is possible to handle permissions in CVS on
directory level, only file level. This is because cvs deals with files
and not directories.

You can easily obtain what you want by using normal NTFS permission
settings to the repository directories for the two users.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)