[cvsnt] Stirct lock with edit -x

Sergey Korotkov sergey at pushok.com
Wed Apr 6 14:22:52 BST 2005

Hello cvsnt,

1. That attempt to do edit -x on one PC and edit -x on other PC
produce the crash of server for 2.0.58d.

2. Well, fine, I install 2.5.01. No crash now, but I got other
behavior. When "edit -x" on one PC and "edit" on other I see something
like this "cvs server: Edit on file 'AssemblyInfo.vb' refused by server
cvs edit: invalid data from cvs server".
The output is correct, BUT the readonly flag is removed from file and
it copy moved to /cvs/base folder. In other words, even if server
report error (which is correct), client make all as if no any errors
on server. I.e. it prepare file for edit.
Is that normal?

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:sergey at pushok.com