[cvsnt] Re: Stirct lock with edit -x

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Apr 7 12:07:02 BST 2005

Sergey Korotkov wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> TH> edit -x is only really effective if all your clients are recent CVSNT
> TH> builds.
>
> But I have the described behavior on new client. Both client and server are
> 2.5.01. Why new client continues edit if receives such error from
> server?

It shouldn't do..  Few people use that option so it wouldn't surprise me
if there were the odd problem.

It's a lot more effective to put the flag on specific filetypes using
cvswrappers though...  Using edit -x on the command line is open to
error, and people can get into bad habits and start using it for
non-binary files.