[cvsnt] Re: upgrade from 2.051 to 2.5

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Apr 8 18:46:48 BST 2005

Rob Anderson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> 	What's the best way to upgrade servers ? Do I just run the
> install and it automagically detects existing repo's and fixes them, or
> do I uninstall the old server and point the new server at the repo
> directories. Do all clients need to have commited changes first ? Is
> there anything else that would be useful to know before embarking on
> this change ?

Normally you would just install the new on top of the old and it'll work
perfectly.  In this case though, the official distro has changed from
innosetup based installer to MSI, so you'll need to uninstall the old
one first.  You shouldn't need to change anything with the repositories,
the config info for them persists.

An alternative is to use Bo's innosetup installer -- He has been
maintaining it since Tony dropped support in favor of the MSI installer.
  Makes for a simpler upgrade in your case.  It's the same binaries,
just with a different installer.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett