[cvsnt] Re: permissions 444;

Martijn Laan mlaan at nospam4me.wintax.nl
Sat Apr 9 17:35:00 BST 2005

Hi,

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> They have nothing to do with the readonly versions in the working copy,
> they only record the permissions of that revision (their only current
> use is to record the executable status for unix scripts).

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

Do you maybe have another idea why this is happening? Unfortunately I
can't find a pattern to when it happens or not. But here's one example:
when I perform a merge, all files that were new on the branch are marked
read only. In the past this did not happen (as I prefer). The read
only-ness is sticky too: it stays both on commit and even on a 'get the
clean copy' (the .# file stays read only which will lead to problems
later when WinCVS wants to rename the file to the .# version a second time).

Greetings,
Martijn Laan
--
// Live Good. Do Right. Ride Hard.