[cvsnt] newbie needs help with server setup

Klett, Steve SKlett at shiny.com
Tue Apr 12 18:48:43 BST 2005

Update 2

Here are some more examples of my nightmare!
(trying to checkout)
C:\cvsrepo>cvs co CVSROOT
cvs checkout: Updating CVSROOT
? CVSROOT/Emptydir
? CVSROOT/checkoutlist,v
? CVSROOT/commitinfo,v
? CVSROOT/config,v
? CVSROOT/cvsrc,v
? CVSROOT/cvswrappers,v
? CVSROOT/history
? CVSROOT/historyinfo,v
? CVSROOT/loginfo,v
? CVSROOT/modules,v
? CVSROOT/modules2,v
? CVSROOT/notify,v
? CVSROOT/postcommand,v
? CVSROOT/postmodule,v
? CVSROOT/precommand,v
? CVSROOT/premodule,v
? CVSROOT/rcsinfo,v
? CVSROOT/taginfo,v
? CVSROOT/triggers,v
? CVSROOT/val-tags
? CVSROOT/verifymsg,v

C:\cvsrepo>

(trying to checkin)
C:\cvsrepo>cvs commit
cvs [commit aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on /.directory_history,v: FAIL
Lock not within repository

C:\cvsrepo>

I hope that helps indicate what might be going on...