[cvsnt] (no subject) admin user

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Thu Apr 21 17:05:30 BST 2005

Hello Richard,

RK> Thank you but ....

RK> I've just tried that and I still don't get the administrator's ability
RK> to change log messages.
RK> Do I need to restart the server ?

no, you don't have to restart the server anyway, the server
(cvsnt.exe) is started when ever you ask your client to execute any
command.

RK> Can the new 'admin' file have comments in it ?  (Tried with and without,
RK> neither let me use the command).

No, AFAIKT there must be only plain user names, one per line.
But may be this functionality only works for unix installations?
No, I checked the sources. Even on windows before checking any group
membership the CVSROOT/admin file is checked for the user names, but
there might be an issue!
The code checks for '\n' as name delimiter and if you created the file
on WIN32 it has CR/LF delimiters. So it may be usefull to translate
the file to unix line endings to get around this 'feature' :-)
(This is not a bug, because all files handled by the server are handled
in unix-mode to keep the repository binary compatible to unix
installations.)

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de