[cvsnt] exasperated newbie: some simple help, please

Frank Burns frankburns at NOSPAMthe-hub.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 20:27:37 BST 2005

Hello,

Apologies for being so negative, but I am completely exasperated. I simply
want to set up CVSNT and then use it with Eclipse -- both of them on the
same XP Home-based PC. And I have spent the last eight hours trying to do
this, without success.

Why is this so difficult?

I think a major part of the problem is that all of the documentation I can
find on the Web relates to OLD versions of CVSNT. There are THREE extra tabs
on the newer versions of CVSNT control panel applet and I can find no
thorough explanation -- or even consistent terminology -- relating to the
settings in these!

So can anyone PLEASE help me by simply telling me:

1) what version of CVSNT do you recommend I use with Eclipse?
2) how the fields that must be set in the CVSNT control panel applet relate
to those in Eclipse's "CVS Repository Location" set-up dialog box?
3) how do I set up pserver accounts with CVSNT -- because Eclipse only
allows connection types of pserver, ext and extssh?

Thanks in anticipation.

Frank