[cvsnt] Installation problems with 1927

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Apr 24 00:28:24 BST 2005

Dennis Forcier wrote:
> You're confusing two different error descriptions.  The one I asked for
> acknowlegement on is an Installer error and it occurred on both D:
> (twice) and C: (once).

The control panel looks in the installation directory.  There's no
particular reliance on any drive or directory, since you can't (program
files is localized & there are lots of non-english cvsnt users, plus for
historical reasons people like to install cvsnt in other directories
sometimes).

As far as the error message at the end... occurs in Win2003 but is
harmless.  MSI puts it up *after* the install has actually finished,
long after it could have done anything about any errors.

> Whatever the proper term is, the problem remains.  It's what I see when
> I use services management, and it hides the info I need.  (The column
> it appears in is labeled 'Name' as per Torsten's post above).

Huh?  I can count the number of times I've been into that screen in one
hand.  Just double click on the header if it's that much of an issue.

OTOH it *does* matter for error checking if something fails - people
have the habit of posting error messages verbatim.