[cvsnt] Mapping a domain user to local user of the server?

Zsolt Branyiczky zbranyiczky at mailbox.hu
Tue Apr 26 09:07:34 BST 2005

Hi,

it it possible to map a domain user to a local user of the server?
Server and clients are on the same domain. I'd like to use cvsadmin,
cvswriter and cvsreader local users created on the server. The file r/w
permissions are set properly of each user in the repository. My passwd
file looks like this:

brazso:!BPC:DATAFUSION\CVSADMIN
sep:!BPC:DATAFUSION\CVSWRITER
csari:!BPC:DATAFUSION\CVSWRITER
anonymous::DATAFUSION\CVSREADER

where BPC is the domain name, DATAFUSION is the server name. CVSADMIN
has all (file r/w) permissions to the repositories and cvs can really
read from the cvs repository (e.g. "cvs co" works except that the
history file cannot be modified) but it has no write permissions at all.
It seems that the users are not mapped in fact.

I do not want to install the active directory to the server, so (as far
as I know) I cannot use the domain users (to set the file r/w
permissions) on the server directly.

Is it possible to use domain authentication without installing active
directory to the server?

Any help is appreciated.
Zsolt