[cvsnt] Re: Unmodified files committed when merging from a branch

jacob.alvarezbenedicto at telefonica.es jacob.alvarezbenedicto at telefonica.es
Tue Apr 26 11:18:29 BST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

So let me make sure that I have understand.  The repository was created
with a vendor branch,  (when I became the admin the repository was already
created), and this is the "origin" of those merged unmodified files that
have to be committed.  This will only happen when the HEAD commits revision
1.2 or more and then we do the merge from the branch with a 1.1.1.1.2.1,
for example.  Am I rigtht.  If in the HEAD branch the revision is still
1.1.1.1 (due to the vendor branch revisions number) then it should be no
problem, and that could explain why are only some file that suffer from
unmodified-merge-commit-syndrome :-).
At last, this can only happen with a file only once, when the context of
the file is changed then the other merges should go alright (I mean if
there are no difference it won't appear as modified).  Am I right.  ??

Thank you very much.
Jacob

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin
autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha
recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.