[cvsnt] CVSNT on a Windows 2000 server

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Apr 26 17:37:12 BST 2005

This is probably because the cvs service is not started by the upgrade.
I have noted that going from pre 2.0.58 to 58 and higher the CVSNT service
name changed from cvs to cvsnt.
This causes problems when installing on top of an existing installation
since the new installr from cvsnt.org seems to assume that any existing
service is named cvsnt and tries to stop that and fails to see that the
existing service is actually cvs.
In my Innosetup installer I have made sure that the installer uninstalls
any cvs service before proceeding to install the cvsnt one.
It also makes sure to start the service at the end of the install. It is
not always possible though as sometimes file replacements have to be done
on startup, so in these cases the PC you install to must be rebooted.

If you use the official install ans see this behaviour then go to the
command prompt and issue the following commands:
net start cvslock
net start cvsnt

this should fix you up with a running server.

/Bo