[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT broken w.r.t. lock daemon port number

Frank Vorstenbosch frank.vorstenbosch at t-modus.nec.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 10:56:58 BST 2005

cvsnt-request at cvsnt.org wrote:

>Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:15:45 -0700
>From: Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
>Subject: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT broken w.r.t. lock daemon port number
>To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
>

>Frank Vorstenbosch wrote:
>

>>Dear all,
>>
>>We are trying to run CVSNT to replace CVS on a Linux server, and find
>>that we now have to run the CVS lock daemon. Fair enough, so we
>>configured the lockserver to port 2403. We can not use 2402 (this would
>>cost disruption and money).
>>
>>Unfortunately, the 2402 port number is hardcoded in many parts of the
>>source code.
>>

>Where is it hardcoded in the source?  Normally you set the port cvsnt
>looks for it in the /etc/cvsnt/Pserver file, and you tell it which port
>to listen to with the -p option.

The port number is written in these places
./cvsntcpl/advancedpage.cpp
./cvsntcpl/cvsntcpl.rc
./doc/PServer.example
./lockservice/cvslockd.cpp
./lockservice/lockservice.cpp
./src/lock.c
./src/main.c
./src/mkmodules.c
./testcvs/test_data/atomic_config

It would probably be better not to have numbers written out like that,
using a #define is safer and clearer.

But, I did not know about /etc/cvsnt/Pserver (is it really spelled like
that?). Perhaps if it was in the manpage I would have tried that...

Frank

Frank A. Vorstenbosch               frank.vorstenbosch at t-modus.nec.co.uk
Consultant Engineer, Telecom Modus Ltd.                 +44-1372-381 892