[cvsnt] Re: Corrupted Word Doc

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Wed Apr 27 15:43:42 BST 2005

Glen -

Our server is running cvsnt version 2.0.58b.  On the client side we use
WinCVS and Tortoise.  We are using a beta version of WinCVS (WinCVS
1.3.20.3 Beta 20 (build 3)), which I've just updated to the 2.0.0.2
version.

$ cvs log CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc

RCS file: /usr/local/cvs/doc/CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc,v
Working file: CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc
head: 1.2
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: b
total revisions: 2;     selected revisions: 2
----------------------------  (from here on was actually on one line for
each revision, I broke it up to make it more readable)
revision 1.2
date: 2005/04/25 18:57:19;
author: dzielke;
state: Exp;
lines: +28 -20;
kopt: b;
commitid: 69bf426d3d8ea124;
filename: CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc;
Added more content and description for tagging and branching.
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 2005/04/21 19:36:01;
author: dzielke;
state: Exp;
kopt: b;
commitid: 76c6426800a05aaa;
filename: CogCafBranchMergeAndTag.doc;
Initial version.

The really wierd thing about this is that I just printed out the document
successfully without opening it (right-click & "print").  So at least I
can re-do my changes.  Should I delete revision 1.2 first or can I just
check in a new version on top of it?

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power