[cvsnt] Rule of Owner

capaverde at 3ia.com.br capaverde at 3ia.com.br
Thu Apr 28 23:07:04 BST 2005

What is the rule of module's owner?
Until 2.0.51d, Owner user used to have the right to change the module's
permission, no matter he/she was explicitly allowed or denied to do it.
I'm evaluating 2.5.1.1927 and found that the only right that owner have is to
change the owner. The owner can only control module's ACL if he/she have the
control right, just like any other user. So, as long as I could see, the
usefulness of module ownership is limited to administrative information, and no
security purposes as it used to be. Am I right?

Capaverde