[cvsnt] CVSNT Server Repository access from TortoiseCVS

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Apr 29 07:53:19 BST 2005

There are two different ways to get a module listing from CVSNT:

cvs ls
This is a command that will list the top level of the repository,
normally there is only a number of folder names in this list, these
are the top level modules including CVSROOT, the administrative module.

It can be used with a specifier on what to list too:
cvs ls module
will list all files in the given module

The other way is the old style modules file listing like:
cvs checkout -c
This will list the contents of the CVSROOT/modules file and was the
only way to list modules before CVSNT. But this only lists what the
CVS administrator has *manually* written into the modules file.

What is used by Tortoise is something you should really ask on
the Tortoise list or newsgroup (whatever they use, I don't know)

/Bo