[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

Tim Coates tc at rms-telecomms.com
Mon Aug 1 01:48:30 BST 2005

David L. Nadle wrote:

>> Admittedly we are using an older version 2.0.58d, but we do not
>> have any problems with Windows Server 2003 and SP1. The only reason
>>

> The only reason I upgraded is because my 2.0.58d installation
> exhibited the problem after installing SP1, and I hoped upgrading
> would resolve the issue. At first I thought the problem was affecting
> all SSPI connectivity, but in fact it only affects SSPI connection
> attempts from the CVS server itself.
>
> Could you try doing a checkout on your cvs server running 2K3 SP1 and
>  using the sspi protocol in the cvsroot string, then report your
> results to the list?

C:\devp>cvs -d :sspi:tc at 24.106.184.XX:/cvsrepo/main co test
cvs checkout: cwd=C:\devp ,current=C:\devp
cvs server: Updating test
U test/readme.txt
cvs server: Updating test/dir1
U test/dir1/helloworld.txt
cvs server: Updating test/dir2

 From a login command:

C:\devp>cvs -d :sspi:tc at 24.106.184.XX:/cvsrepo/main login
Logging in to :sspi:tc at 24.106.184.XX:2401:/cvsrepo/main
CVS password: ******

Server side (control panel applet) the "Run as user" parameter is set to

	(client user)

I am so used to GUIs that I cannot recall how to turn on debugging type
options, but if you need more information let me know. Also note that I
have given EVERYONE access to the temp folder used by CVS.

Tim