[cvsnt] Some New(Added) Files are put at the top of repository.

Andrew Gaganov agaganov at openwaygroup.com
Mon Aug 1 13:58:26 BST 2005

Hi!

Server: Linux 2.5.01.1998
Client: Win2K 2.5.01.1998

I discovered that sometimes when users put new projects into CVS,
some of added files stored at the top of repository.

F.e.
Put new project into some deep folder:
---------
Src/ggg.c
Src/Mega/kkk.h
a.txt
-------

All Files stored well, but a.txt stored at "/home/cvs/cvs_root/a.txt",
where  CVSROOT = /home/cvs/cvs_root.

No one user has permission to write at the top of repository.

I can't reproduce such situation, but I saw it(situation) before!
The same situation was on
CVS server 1.11.1 (Classic),
CVS-NT server 2.0.58d
and now on
CVS-NT server 2.5.01.1998.

I thought before, that is wrong users work,
but now I have users permissions that disable access to top repository
level.
Permissions are working fine (I checked it), but situation happened again!

Users use different type of cvs clients (classical cvs client,built-in IDEs
cvs clients,latest cvs-nt clients).

Last time it was adding new project from WinCVS "Macros->Recursive Add"

Maybe someone has simular situation?

TIA!

-------
Andrew Gaganov