[cvsnt] Tag bug?

peyn at tlen.pl peyn at tlen.pl
Tue Aug 2 11:23:55 BST 2005

Hi

I'm using CVSNT-2.5.01.1976 on w2k3 server machine and on my
computer I have WinCvs 2.0.0.2 (Build 2).

I tried to do something like this:

1. I have a test project. There are two files in it. aaa.txt
bbb.txt. I just CO them so they are up to date.

(I have list of files like this)
aaa.txt 1.1 -kkv Text
bbb.txt 1.2 -kkv Text

2. I put on bbb.txt PRE_SOMEBUG tag.
3. I modified bbb.txt and commited it
4. I taged bbb.txt with POST_SOMEBUG tag.

Now what I would like to do is to get my test project with files
before fixing the SOMEBUG bug. So I CO test project with "By
revision/tag/branch" option set to PRE_SOMEBUG. I got only bbb.txt -
which is ok 'couse only bbb.txt was tagged.

Then I CO it again with the same "By revision..." option only now I
set "If no matching revision is found, use the most recent one" to
true. I got all files from the project. Which was what I wanted.
Only problem is that aaa.txt is also marked as PRE_SOMEBUG in my
WinCvs although it wasn't tagget with this tag.

Now I have list of files like this:
aaa.txt 1.1 -kkv Text PRE_SOMEBUG
bbb.txt 1.2 -kkv Text PRE_SOMEBUG

When I try to change and commit aaa.txt CVS says there is a version
problem - it can't find a aaa.txt tagged with PRE_SOMEBUG tag -
which is correct 'couse I never tagged it like this.

Shouldn't list of my files look something like this:
aaa.txt 1.1 -kkv Text
bbb.txt 1.2 -kkv Text PRE_SOMEBUG

Is it a bug? If so then is it a CVSNT or WinCvs bug? If not then why
not? :-)

best regards
Mateusz [PEYN] Adamus