[cvsnt] Re: How can CVS lose a file

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Wed Aug 3 20:49:49 BST 2005

I tried disabling our McAfee virus scan and it didn't help.
I did just notice that if I do the commit localy on the server the update in
the postcommand scripts works fine but if I do it from my system via sspi it
doesn't work.
I wonder if this another permissions thing.

What's frustrating is I swear this was working just 1 month ago when I was
posting to this group about problems with xcopy in postcommand scripts. At
that time I was at version 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1990 now I'm at 2.5.01
(Travis) Build 2025.

Below is some sample output from performing the commit from my system. What
is interesting is postcommand update appears to be trying to update all the
files in the module even though only one was changed and it's the one that
was changed that fails (or is lost). Futhermore if I were to issue another
commit for a different file in the module (say index.htm) it would complain
about the second file being lost and not the first, then if I go to the
server and do a status in that directory it would show both files as out of
date, and if I perform an update on the server both files will be update
without complaint and the third file is never mentioned (as you would
expect).

Thanks
Matt S.

C:\builds\sw_web>cvs ci -f -m" " sw_web.css
Checking in sw_web.css;
/CVSRepo/sw_web/sw_web.css,v  <--  sw_web.css
done

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs-serv568>if NOT "commit" == "commit" goto end

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs-serv568>cd e:\DATA\sw_web

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs-serv568>c:\progra~1\cvsnt\cvs.exe up
cvs.exe update: Updating .
cvs.exe update: warning: sw_web.css was lost
U cvs_setup.htm
U index.htm
U sw_web.css

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs-serv568>if NOT "update" == "commit" goto end

news:dcr5tf$f1b$1 at paris.nodomain.org...