[cvsnt] Re: Problem connecting to repository using SSPI

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Aug 4 00:25:57 BST 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> I rather suspect it's a VMware GSX server. I wouldn't use VPC for
> servers and would distrust any admin who proposed it.

VPC is a little slower than VMWare but is OK.  I prefer GSX myself but
the budget doesn't stretch to it when I have VPC on the MSDN disks...
(there's a lot of mileage you can get out of 30 day demos though).

I once worked for a place that had about 2 dozen VMWare workstation
installations.. they sold their customers time on 'dell servers' which
they were, technically... just dell servers running lots of copies of
VMWare workstation.  I don't think they're doing that any more (I hope).

> If it really is a GSX server I don't think that will be the case.
> VMware server virtualization is really dazzlingly solid in my
> experience. Though I must say that I have only very little experience

Agreed.  Other than networking issues they're damned good.

I wouldn't attempt VMWare shared volumes though.. the one time I tried
to use them it bluescreened the server - not been brave enough since.