[cvsnt] Re: Cleaning "fake" revisions from repository

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Aug 5 19:58:14 BST 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:12:04 +0300, Danail Manolov <d.manolov at mail.bg>
wrote:

>I found the source of the problem, and it is in CVSNT v2.0.62.1817 that
>comes with TortoiseCVS.
That is a *very* old version of CVSNT and should not be used!

>Latest CVSNT (ver.2.5.02.2048) also has correct behavior.
Exactly, and that is why you should not use the old version. There
were numerous bugs there thet got fixed later. The 2.0.62 version was
always a testing version not for real use.

>My question is:
>1. Can somebody confirm this bug in prior CVSNT version?
Yest!

>2. Is there a way for me to clean my repository from those "fake"
>revisions that just add noise and no useful version information?

There is an admin command that will do this, but why bother??

/Bo Berglund