[cvsnt] Re: Cleaning "fake" revisions from repository

Danail Manolov d.manolov at mail.bg
Sat Aug 6 10:35:01 BST 2005

>> 2. Is there a way for me to clean my repository from those "fake"
>> revisions that just add noise and no useful version information?
>
> There is an admin command that will do this, but why bother??

Because history of a lot of files is now full with fake revisions. So
what is the admin command and can it fix all files at once?

>> I found the source of the problem, and it is in CVSNT v2.0.62.1817
>> that comes with TortoiseCVS.
>
> That is a *very* old version of CVSNT and should not be used!

Yes, but I'm not sure if newer versions of CVSNT will integrate well
with TortoiseCVS, and TortoiseCVS is really too enjoyable version
control to be rejected...

>> Latest CVSNT (ver.2.5.02.2048) also has correct behavior.
>
> Exactly, and that is why you should not use the old version.

Yes, but latest CVSNT versions is compiled in different way and need a
lot more libraries than version that comes with TCVS. And see above -
I'm not sure if I will have other problems with them...