[cvsnt] cvs command to update to *start* of branch?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 9 21:06:59 BST 2005

I would like to know if there is a cvs command that can update the
sandbox to the *start* of the branch? If it does not yet exist, could
such a command be created?

Earlier we used to tag before branching, then we created the branch,
updated to it then worked on it. Finally we tagged before merging back
to TRUNK in order to see from where the merges came.
But with the emergence of mergepoints we stopped the tagging in
working with branches.
Now we have the problem that we would like to go back to the start of
the branch and then create another branch from the same position, but
we don't know how to get back there....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)