AW: AW: [cvsnt] Re: Deactivating codepage translation?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 10 17:41:43 BST 2005

Alexander Zoernack wrote:
> codepage translation results in a file "Portugus.str" (not OK)

The server is running on ANSI_X3.4-1968 aka. US-ASCII

That has *no* extended characters at all, only the first 127 ASCII
characters.  How the server itself handles that is down to the OS...
some just write the extended characters blindly.  CVSNT can't take such
liberties - it must only present known legal filenames to the server.

> if this is correct, i don't see why!

See above.

> The problem is, that the server doesn't only handle cvs, it
> has some more things to do. So a reconfiguration on the system is
> not so simple.

It's one line in the PServer configuration file... I don't see what's
not so simple.