[cvsnt] Re: cvs2cl

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 12 20:59:05 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Is anybody using cvs2cl.pl with cvsnt?
>>
> Works here... It's what generates the changelog when I build (see the
> mkchangelog script in the source tree).

It looks like something weird is happening, since I'm using the latest
version of cvs2cl.pl, v2.59.

I've discussed this with Karl Fogel, and the gist is this:

I don't grok perl, but I did try this:

XX_Log_Source:
  while (<READER>) {
    chomp;
>>    &main::debug("chomp $_ \n");
    s!\r$!!;

And then

 $ cvs2cl --debug
(run "cvs log")
chomp BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
chomp /omz13
chomp dsomers
chomp [XXXX]
chomp END AUTH REQUEST
cvs [log aborted]: received interrupt signal

Um, call me crazy, but I have this slight feeling that cvs2cl shouldn't be
seeing the underlying negotiation.

Karl Fogel said:
!!!
That's completely weird
I don't have much time to maintain cvs2cl these days (and Martyn
Pearce, who had been maintaining it wonderfully in recent years, had
to step down too).  If you or someone you know can debug this, I'd be
happy to apply a patch, but I don't think I'll have time to debug it
myself unfortunately :-(.

So, if any perl people on cvsnt can take a look and try to solve this
weirdness, that would be just great. Meanwhile, I'm managing to survive by
doing 'cvs log | cvs2cl --stdin' ... it works, but its still weird/worrying
that plain old 'cvs2cl' doesn't work.

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885