[cvsnt] Re: RC4 glitches or features...?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 02:39:58 BST 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
> > That's because it creates the wrong directory... not sure why.
> >
> > When you checkout WinCvsSrc it creates cvsgui for some reason.. the
> > client then loses track of the data, because it's not where it
> > should be.
>
> cvsgui is exactly where it should be. WinCvsSrc is a virtual module
> defined via the modules file. It's just a simple alias module (i.e.
> the one thing that I'm still sorely missing in modules2), too.

I just noticed you could also use the following sequence to reproduce
(avoiding the virtual modules):

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/cvsgui co cvsgui/Macros
cd cvsgui\Macros
cvs up -rExp-MacroWork-BRANCH
cd ..\..
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/cvsgui co cvsgui/Macros

I'm also getting the "move away" messages when checking out the
following module (just as an example), which is also not virtual:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/jcl co jcl
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/jcl co jcl

So, looks like it's not the virtual modules that are causing these
problems.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver