[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.01 #1976 - 'cvs history' problems - 'No records selected'

Thomas Singer cvsnt at smartcvs.com
Thu Aug 18 11:40:34 BST 2005

Hi Tony,

The same crash happens when invoked without the -f:

> C:\temp\c>cvs -d :pserver:tom at localhost:f:/repository history -a -x AMR smartcvs-tori

It also happens when SmartCVS invokes the history command (as said before,
it worked without problems in CVSNT 2.0.58d). The requests send by SmartCVS are:

> BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
> f:/repository
> tom
> @encodedPassword@
> END AUTH REQUEST
> Valid-responses E M MT Updated Checked-in ok error Clear-static-directory Valid-requests Merged Removed Copy-file Mod-time Mode Kopt Template Set-static-directory Module-expansion Clear-sticky Set-sticky New-entry
> valid-requests
> UseUnchanged
> Root f:/repository
> Gzip-stream 6
> @from now on the content is gzipped@
> Argument -a
> Argument -D
> Argument 2005-08-15 11:52 +0000
> Argument -f
> Argument smartcvs-tori/
> Argument -x
> Argument AMR
> Argument -z
> Argument +0000
> history
> @until here the content is gzipped@

One more information: the problem does not depend on the (null) value in the
CVSROOT/history file. I've emptied this file again and now the lines look
like these:

> A43046179|tom|localhost|smartcvs-tori/src/smartcvs/main/src/de/regnis/smartcvs/action/command/compare|1.1|SmCompareOptionsController.java|

Please try to fix the problem with the next stable build, because otherwise
I need to tell our users, they should stick with CVSNT 2.0.58d, because
CVSNT 2.5.* is too buggy. Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer