[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.01 #1976 - 'cvs history' problems - 'No records selected'

Thomas Singer cvsnt at smartcvs.com
Thu Aug 18 13:02:19 BST 2005

> The history file has no locking - never has - so if multiple processes are writing to it then one or the other will probably lose their data.
>
> Some clients may get a 'cannot open history file' error (which is non-fatal) but also it may just silently fail... depends on how the stdio library is implemented really.
>
> It's not unique to cvsnt at all...  I guess it's never been considered a critical file so nobody's ever worried about it.

OK, I see. Independent of this, is there some possibility that you could
1) fix the crash in 2.5.02 #2061 and
2) get it working like in CVSNT 2.0.58d (returning the files which contain
the specified string in their path - no regular expression needed)?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer