[cvsnt] Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2064

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Fri Aug 19 19:52:41 BST 2005

Hi Tony,

That's great news. Thanks for all the hard work on CVS. Quick question about
the planed formal release. A while back we had an e-mail chain about the
rtag command.

Background:
We implemented security such that people who have access to one
project/folder in a repository, may not have access to other
projects/folders in the same repository. We did this through creating
windows use groups on each project/folder in the CVS server repository and
only adding people to projects on a add needed bases. These projects want to
use the rtag command to tag things. (They have existing scripts in automated
builds and what not.) The rtag command tries to access all the
projects/folders in the CVS server repository and therefore fails because
the user doesn't have access to all of them.

You told me in an e-mail:

So, is the new tagging code there in this release? i.e. will rtag no longer
try to access all the projects in a given repository or will I still have
the same old problem?

Thanks,
Curt