[cvsnt] Tagging capacity - how many files can I tag at once

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 23 15:50:49 BST 2005

There *is* a known bug that concerns the taginfo handling that exists in
2.0.58 and well into the 2.0.62.xxx series.

I suggest you do the following:

1) Disable the taginfo scripting by commenting out all active lines in taginfo.

2) Now run the tag command directly from the command line thus bypassing all
  irreleveant extra layers like Tortoise etc:
  cvs tag MyTestTag

3) Observe the cvs feedback directly in the command window.

If all goes well now then re-enable your taginfo script and test again.

This should show if the taginfo handling is at fault or not.

If you find that taginfo is not the cause (same error still with disabled
taginfo) then I should advice getting 2.5.02.2064 and installing that,
then again test the tag command.

/Bo