[cvsnt] Possibility for the cvs_admin to reset the "editor" settings for a specific user in a specific project structure?

Alexander Zoernack alexander.zoernack at technotrend.de
Thu Aug 25 09:47:09 BST 2005

Is there a possibility for the cvs_admin to reset the "editor" settings
for a specific user in a specific project structure?

sometimes in our environment there is a need to reset editors
of all files after making a release to have a clean starting point.
It is very anoying to connect all developers and ask for doing
this, somebody does not do this, somebody don't do it right, so
it should be better for the project leader to notify all users
that a global unedit will be done next and do it himself.

I know that i could do this by editing "fileattr.xml" on the server,
but i don't want to do so (i don't know what i disturb on this way).

So my quesion is: is there a legal way to do this with "cvs ...." ?

using: CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976 on server and client

best regards,
Alexander Zoernack

Alexander Zoernack, R&D   *   phone   +49 361 22188 40
TechnoTrend AG            *   fax     +49 361 22188 44
Melchior-Bauer-Str. 5     *   alexander.zoernack at technotrend.de
D-99092 Erfurt            *   PGP-ID: 0x1e767a56
GERMANY                   *   www.technotrend.com
This email, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive
and confidential use of the addressee(s). Any other distribution,
use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is
unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender by email immediately
and delete the message from your computer without making copies.