[cvsnt] Domain specification in passwd file broken?

Ayvaz, James James.Ayvaz at hp.com
Mon Dec 5 07:11:42 GMT 2005

Has anyone else seen this issue or has the passwd file syntax changed?
Previously (2.5.1.1927) I was able to specify the USER:!DOMAIN in the
passwd file with sserver and it would authenticate against the domain
DOMAIN.  Now with ( 2.5.3.2151 ) I get an error "Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [login aborted]: userid: no such user"

My Setup is as follows
CVS Server in domain LOCAL with a one way trust to domain GLOBAL.
passwd files contains
    jondoe:!GLOBAL
With version 2.5.1.1927 :sserver:jondoe at cvsserver:/cvsroot would
authenticate against user GLOBAL\jondoe

With version 2.5.3.2151 I get the no such user error.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.