[cvsnt] repository names and CVSROOT variable in commitinfo script

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Fri Dec 9 16:31:15 GMT 2005

Hello Tony & list,

after changing from physical to logical repository names i found my
commitinfo script disabled. I have added a script file to the
checkoutlist of my CVSROOT to put a stylechecker inside. My commitinfo
contained the line

ALL C:/Python24/python.exe $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/checkstyle.py

Which worked well as long as the repository was accessed by a
connection like :pserver:user at cvs.server:C:/cvsrepo containing a
physical path. Now the virtual name /repo is used as repository name
for the same location, but I get the error:

C:/Python24/python.exe: can't open file '/repo/CVSROOT/checkstyle.py':
   [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I changed commitinfo to an absolute path, but isn't there a better
solution?

Thanks for your comments,
O. Koltermann