[cvsnt] Re: command in logInfo is not executed

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Dec 13 15:45:39 GMT 2005

Oliver Koltermann wrote:

>  * list of variables one can use in scripts

This is in the manual.

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/commit-files.html
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Variables.html (REAL_CVSROOT and
VIRTUAL_CVSROOT are missing from that description though).

>  * description of the environment one can expect inside a script. This
>    may be platform and setting specific.

It's so specific it's next to impossible to document.  Scripts shouldn't
be written to expect anything about their environment anyway (too many
potential security holes).

>  * the kind of linefeed characters a script has to use in it's
>    output. (I now know it has to be unix LF and it's defined in the
>    cvsnt client/server protocol... but it's not documented somewhere
>    to find it when writing a script.)

For most scripts it's automatic - the standard output is binary and they
pick this up.  I believe python doesn't.. not sure about others.