[cvsnt] commit missing file

Kenneth Sørensen KES at epoke.dk
Thu Dec 15 11:34:37 GMT 2005

Hi

I wonder if this is the intended behavior of CVSNT?

I checkout a module containing some files.
Then I delete (not cvs remove) one of the files and change another one.
Then I do a commit on the module to store my changes.

Now I wonder - CVSNT does not complain about the missing file even if I write the command: "cvs commit <missing-file>" it will not complain or warn. In the later nothing happens.

Often this will not be a problem. However, we store our compiled code in the repository together with the source. If the compiled code is deleted or missing due to some error it will not be committed together with the source code and we loose consistency between source and compiled code.

Is this behavior intended and is there a way to make sure that this will not happen?

We use CVSNT ver. 2.0.58d on Windows 2000 on server and client.

/Kenneth