[cvsnt] Re: how can CVSNT distinguish tag and branch?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Dec 19 21:42:51 GMT 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:05:12 +0800, Xiaoyan Jin
<xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>It seems that my question is ignored. It would be great if any one can help
>me.
>
>Can CVSNT2.5.03 taginfo file distinguish tag and branch?? I tryed the
>following method:
>
>aaa c:/returnpara.exe %s %v %o %p %t

I just tested on my test repository with an arguments reporting
program started from taginfo:
ALL F:/CVSMailer/CheckArguments.exe S=%s V=%v O=%o P=%p T=%t B=%b

Result:
20051219 22:39:50 Param1: S=AAAFile.txt
20051219 22:39:50 Param2: V=1.21.2.3
20051219 22:39:50 Param3: O=add
20051219 22:39:50 Param4: P=ModuleXX
20051219 22:39:50 Param5: T=TagTestValue3
20051219 22:39:50 Param6: B=N

The tagged file is the branch head on a branch named Branch_MergeTest.
%b reports the value "N" (the meaning of which eludes me)

>added the above scripts in taginfo file. And all the para can be returned.
>But if I added "%b" ( according the CVSNT document, I think it should return
>the tag type), but server return the following words and then stopped the
>operation:
>
>cvs [tag aborted]: end of file from server (consult above message if any)
>
>so what's going on and how can taginfo distinguish tag and branch?

So as you can see your error is not reproducible....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)