[cvsnt] Re: Cannot export after migrating CVSNT

Evan Chou cyq_0906 at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Dec 20 04:03:11 GMT 2005

> Nobody ever encounter such problem? Is it a known problem or I miss
> some operation step when migrating cvsnt?
>

> Regards,
> Evan

I searched out the mail list, but didn't find any similar problem
reported. I also tried to use Windows command window instead of
TortoiseCVS, the problem remains.

D:\cvswork>cvs -d :sspi:xxx at cvs-serv:/CVSDB export -r HEAD Proj101
cvs [export aborted]: cannot open <CVS/Template file> for writing: No
such file or directory

D:\cvswork>cvs -d :sspi:xxx at cvs-serv:/CVSDB export -D now Proj101
cvs [export aborted]: cannot open <CVS/Template file> for writing: No
such file or directory

D:\cvswork>cvs -d :sspi:xxx at cvs-serv:/CVSDB checkout -r HEAD Proj101
cvs server: Updating Proj101
U Proj101/XNEWS.EXE
U Proj101/Xnews.ini
U Proj101/bug11.txt
U Proj101/servers.ini
cvs server: Updating Proj101/subdir1
U Proj101/subdir1/bug1.txt
U Proj101/subdir1/bug2.txt
U Proj101/subdir1/bug3.txt
cvs server: Updating Proj101/subdir1/subdir2
U Proj101/subdir1/subdir2/bug4.txt
U Proj101/subdir1/subdir2/bug5.txt
cvs server: Updating Proj101/subdir3

'cvs checkout' is OK, but 'cvs export' is failed.

Could anyone tell me what <CVS/Template file> is supposed to be?
And can I just copy the file from any new repository that initialized
by cvsnt 2.5.03.2151?

Regards,
Evan